Who doesn’t love to get recognized or rewarded for a job well done? Think about those gold stars or special stamps on your homework from your third-grade teacher. Or how about getting your name on the leaderboard at the gym? Think about all those people who run a 5k or marathon to complete their collection or race medals. Rewards and recognition keep us working toward more!
When you reward yourself for holiday weight loss you find that you end up happier, healthier, and with more gifts heading into the new year.
Holiday Weight Loss Deserves a Reward
So, you’ve got a goal for the holidays (and perhaps beyond) to lose weight. Do you have a plan to reward yourself for your actual holiday weight loss? Perhaps holiday weight loss is just part of the plan you have for 2018 or the plan you are building for 2019.
A non-food reward or incentive is a fun way to keep yourself motivated to meet your holiday weight loss goals. I pulled together 12 awesome ways to reward yourself for holiday weight loss! See which ones appeal to you the most and set up some benchmarks to earn a well-deserved reward for your achievement!
- High-Speed Blender: take advantage of holidays sales and set yourself up with a real workhorse in the blender department. A high-speed blender is helpful in making healthy meals. You can make pesto, nut butter, soups, and of course, protein-packed energy boosting smoothies. My personal favorite is the Blendtec Total Classic Blender. I’ve literally made tens of thousands of healthy meal replacement smoothies for my family and customers.
- Recipe service for weekly Meal Planning. It can be hard to come up with healthy meal plans all the time. I have a tendency to fall into a rut and eat the same stuff all the time! Our friends at Cook Smarts offer amazing variety, along with great cooking classes, cooks resources, and easy recipes with options to convert them to gluten-free, vegetarian, or vary the number of people.
- Kitchen Scale: as you make progress in your wellness goals including holiday weight loss, plateaus can happen. A kitchen scale is a great way to turn it up a notch and verify your portion sizes are right on target. It’s a kitchen accountability partner!
- Instant Pot and an Instant Pot Cookbook. Instant Pots are the bomb! And are all the rage for healthy meal prep. Not sure how it can work for you? Here’s a great cookbook to use with it. New fast ways to cook great meals to support your holiday weight loss.
- New Workout Clothes: time to show off your holiday weight loss results with a new outfit or two to fuel your fitness. Especially as we roll into the new year. Great time to shop deals and be ready to roll!
- Wellness Journal: I love the journals offered by FitBook. The formatted pages take into account the mind, body, food, and mood. A daily rhythm of journaling and goal setting will ensure you hit your holiday weight loss goals and more!
- Yoga Mat: Now is a great time to incorporate yoga, or stretching into your holiday weight loss routine. Just a few minutes of stretching a day can help not only your flexibility but your mindset.
- Fire Stick and Echo Dot: I know I know, sounds weird, right? Well, it’s not! There are so many stations with fitness videos that it would be a great way to include more fitness into your journey. Holiday deals abound!
Self Care Rewards
- Give yourself a little rest and relaxation as a treat for achieving your goal, or progress toward your goal. A great way to recharge and rejuvenate is by grabbing a coloring book and some fresh pencils or markers and exercising your creative side. Do it with a friend and make a night of it!
- Find a great candle to burn during your coloring session or morning journal time. Spending time reflecting and game planning the rest of your journey by the light of a special achievement candle sounds awesome!
- Pamper yourself with a massage, or perhaps a fancy manicure and pedicure. Love on your body for all the changes it’s gone through and will go through as you continue your journey. You’ve worked hard, you earned it!
- Plan a Wellness Getaway. This is a big one, but worthy of achieving your big goal. Perhaps a Wellness Getaway looks like a camping weekend full of hiking and exploring. Or maybe a yoga retreat. Or… a some days spent at a resort golf, poolside, spa. Whatever it is, make it special and celebrate away! And use the time to celebrate you, past present and future!